How to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account?
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is designed to provide a bright future to the girl child. The popular girl child savings scheme is one of the most popular long term investment instruments. The government-backed scheme fetches an interest rate of 7.6% as opposed to 8.4% return earlier.
The normal age-limit for the opening of the SSY account is up to 10 years from the date of birth of the child. Also, she must be a resident of India. Once she reaches 18 years of age, she will become the account holder.
In order to keep the account active, individuals must deposit a minimum amount of Rs 250 in each financial year. A maximum investment of Rs 1.5 lakh every financial year is allowed up to the end of the 15th year from the opening of the account.
Parents can open up to two Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) for their girl child before she turns 10 years old. A maximum of three Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts can be opened if the firstborn or second-born are twin girls.
If you want to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account, listed below are the steps which you need to follow.
How to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account ?
- In order to open SSY account, the parents or legal guardians of the girl child can open the account at any India Post Office or designated bank.
- The guardian needs to fill up a Sukanya Samriddhi Account Form (SSA-1) available at the post office or designated bank.
- The guardian is required to fill up details like name of the child and guardian, address, birth certificate details of the child, KYC information of the guardian.
- Once the documents will be verified, the account will be opened.
- After all this, a passbook is issued to the account holder………..Read More>>