How to Get E-Pass for Lockdown in Your State
In order to keep a check on the spread of Coronavirus disease across India, the government has announced an extended lockdown till May 3. The government has ordered restriction of movement, except for emergencies and people providing essential services.
These social distancing measures have been taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, a respiratory disease that has been declared a global pandemic. To make sure the businesses providing essential services can move without issues or regular people can venture outside their homes to deal with emergencies, several states and union territories are offering e-passes that can be obtained online. E-pass for lockdown is also being referred to as movement pass or COVID-19 emergency pass, or online lockdown pass by some states.
Only essential service providers are allowed to travel, during the lockdown period.
Although, in case you need to travel for some emergency work, you can apply for an e-pass online which you can show to the police while traveling.
Who Can Have The ePass?
First of all, be sure that you have a valid reason for the pass.
Basically, to regulate the movement of goods and people during this period, many State Governments have developed mechanisms to issue ‘curfew passes’.
Apart from that, some documents may be required while you travel.
While having the ePass, you need to keep the blow points in mind.
- Only apply for a pass only if it falls under the category of goods and services categorized as ‘Essential by the State Government’.
- Also, applying for a pass does not guarantee grant of the same
- The local administration will have the final say on which applications can be accepted.
- Please apply for a pass only if it falls under the category of goods and services categorized as ‘Essential by the State Government’.
- Applying for a pass does not guarantee grant of the same
Local administration will have the final say on which applications can be accepted…Read more>>