How to apply for a new passport on mobile with Passport Seva app
Government of India on the occasion of ‘Sixth Passport Seva Divas’ on June 26, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has released a new feature named “mPassportSeva” app and it works on Android and iOS.
mPassportSeva app has been released by ‘Consular, Passport and Visa (CPV) Division’ and be cautions about other fake versions of app on Android. Here we detail about the latest services and how to use the app..
New Features :-
- Users can apply for a fresh passport along with PCC form filing
- Online payment for the application form
- Appointment scheduling/rescheduling or cancellation functionality
- Citizens can apply for a re-issue of a new passport in lieu of an existing passport for any of the following reasons
- Change in existing personal particulars
- Validity expired within 3 years or due to expire
- Validity expired more than three years ago
- Exhaustion of pages
- Damaged passport and lost passport
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Background verification for Global Entry Program (GEP)
How to Use mPassportSeva app :-
- Click on New User Registration after opening the app.
- Select the Passport Office from the list as per the city in which you are residing.
- Enter personal details like name, date-of-birth, email id.
- Think about a unique login ID and check for its availability and then add a strong password. (This process is similar to opening an email ID). You can also keep your email ID as a login ID for the app.
- Add a security question and answer. This will come handy when you forget your password.
- After the confirmation , add the text written inside the small image (Captcha code) and hit submit.
You will then have to activate the account by checking for the email sent by the passport office and clicking on the verification link. On clicking the verification link, you will be directed to a webpage and you will be asked to enter your Login ID for confirmation…………Read More>>
Source by techiyogizShare: