Here is how you can link Aadhaar to IT Returns
As per income tax laws, it is necessary to mention your Aadhaar while filing ITR (income tax returns). Therefore, it is compulsory for all the taxpayers to link their Aadhaar with PAN (Permanent Account Number) to file Income Tax Returns.
To link your Aadhaar card with ITR, you are required to the official website of the Income Tax Department of India.
Following are the steps that you can follow:
- Visit the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department of India by clicking https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- Log in using your username and password
- From the homepage, choose the option ‘Profile Settings’
- Now select the option ‘Link Aadhaar’
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on the option ‘Link Now’
- Further, match your Aadhaar details with the PAN data
- Now, choose from the option ‘If you want to generate Aadhaar OTP for ITR verification’ from various options that appear on the screen.
- An OTP will be generated that will be sent to your registered mobile number to e-verify the uploaded return
- After the successful linking of Aadhaar with ITR, you can download the acknowledgment receipt
How can I check my Aadhaar card linked with PAN?
- Visit the Income Tax e-filing website and go to Aadhaar status or click on incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/aadhaarstatus
- Enter PAN and Aadhaar Number…Read more>>